14 Feb. 2018
Good evening everyone. Here are the winners from this evening's Christmas raffle draw. Thank you to everyone for supporting student activities at Valleyview!
Keep the Kids Busy #1 - Katlyn Bray
Sports #1 - Kelly Tait
Family Game Night #1 - Shawna Tait
Outdoor Fun #1 - C. Fagnilli
Christmas #1 - Wayne & Deanna Dokuchie
Arts & Crafts #1 - Ihor Kortchevich
Night by the Fire #1 - Troy L'Hirondelle
$500.00 cash #1 - Kelly Tait
Keep the Kids Busy #2 - Debra Groves
Sports #2 - Michelle Grafham
Family Game Night #2 - April Medwechuk
Outdoor Fun #2 - Jen Sinclair
Christmas #2 - Dave Hales
Arts & Crafts #2 - April Preisentanz
Night by the Fire #2 - Rob Perchuk
$500.00 cash #2 - Ann Smyth
Board of Trustees Appropriate $4 Million Dollars for Valleyview Public School Capital Project
Media Release - February 13, 2018
At the regular February Board Meeting of the Keewatin-Patricia District School Board, Trustees took the proactive step of approving the appropriation of $4 million dollars towards the Valleyview Public School Capital Project. The Board recognizes that the next step in this critical work is with the Ministry of Education.
The rebuilding and replacement of Valleyview Public School in Kenora is the number one major capital project for the KPDSB, and in recent years, has gained increasing attention and urgency as enrolment at the school continues to grow. Enrolment at Valleyview Public School has doubled in the last five years (2013-2018), with increases both in English and French Immersion programming. The school is home to the largest primary cohort of students across the entire KPDSB.
The funds have now been appropriated for the Valleyview Public School Capital Project and are an indication of the Board’s commitment to both the Ministry of Education and the Valleyview Public School Community.
Estimated costs for the replacement of Valleyview Public School is $16 million.
Sean Monteith, Director of Education, stated “Valleyview Public School is the number one, and officially the only, major capital project that remains for the Keewatin-Patricia District School Board. By allocating the largest investment in our history, from reserves, for the purposes of a new elementary school, the Board has demonstrated an investment to the Valleyview Public School Community. The parents, staff, and especially the students of Valleyview deserve nothing but the best; and that is exactly what we are determined to give them.”
Dave Penney, Chair of the Board, added “We are confident that our Ministry of Education partners will continue to support and demonstrate their belief in the Valleyview Public School Community by enhancing the commitment that the KPDSB Trustees have responsibly made here tonight.”
The following raffle tickets were recorded as lost and not returned to be entered in this evening's drawing. If you have purchased any of the following tickets, please return them to the school to be reimbursed.
2018-2019 School Year Calendar Survey
Every year we offer families an opportunity to provide feedback regarding the creation of the upcoming school year calendar. Please take a minute to fill out our survey for the 2018-2019 School Year Calendar by clicking on either of the links below.
The feedback provided by our families will be taken back to the Regional School Year Calendar Committee (comprised of five area school Boards including the KPDSB) as they work to create the regional school year calendar for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
The survey will be open until the end of the day on Friday, December 1.
KPDSB Chair and Vice-Chair Acclaimed, Trustee Appointments Announced
Media Release - December 13, 2017
Trustees of the Keewatin-Patricia District School Board met at Dryden High School on Tuesday, December 12, 2017, for the inaugural board meeting.
The Board of Trustees acclaimed Trustee Dave Penney as Chair and Trustee Cecile Marcino as Vice-Chair.
The following Trustee appointments were made:
- Trustee Barb Gauthier was appointed to the Executive Committee for the period of December 12, 2017 to April 13, 2018, and Trustee Dave Wilkinson was appointed to the Executive Committee for the period of April 23, 2018 to November 30, 2018.
- Trustees Barb Gauthier, Roger Griffiths and George Seaton were appointed to the Audit and Finance Committees for a one year term.
- Trustees Jennifer Kitowski and Gerald Kleist were appointed to the Indigenous Education Advisory Council (IEAC) for a one year term.
- Trustees Lesley Barnes and Dave Wilkinson were appointed to the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) for a one year term.
- Trustees Cecile Marcino and Barb Gauthier were appointed to the Early Years Advisory Committee (EYAC) for a one year term.
- Trustees Lesley Barnes and Michelle Guitard were appointed to the Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) for a one year term.
- Trustee Michelle Guitard was appointed to the Transportation Policy Committee for a one year term.
- Trustee Jennifer Kitowski was appointed to the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association (OPSBA) Board of Directors.